Halle Berry Tells ‘X-Men’ Fans to ‘Keep Waiting’ for Storm to Be Called for ‘Avengers: Doomsday’ Cast but Warns: ‘It’s Not Going to Be There’

featured-image

Halle Berry told Black Girl Nerds at CinemaCon that comic book movie fans should not expect to see her name called among the cast for Marvel’s “Avengers: Doomsday.” Several of Berry’s original “X-Men” co-stars were announced as part of the “Doomsday” cast earlier this month, much to the surprise of fans. Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, ...

Halle Berry told Black Girl Nerds at CinemaCon that comic book movie fans should not expect to see her name called among the cast for Marvel’s “Avengers: Doomsday.” Several of Berry’s original “X-Men” co-stars were announced as part of the “Doomsday” cast earlier this month, much to the surprise of fans. Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, James Marsden, Rebecca Romijn, Alan Cumming and Kelsey Grammer are all coming back.

So what about Berry? “Fans want to see your name on the chair for the next next announcement of ‘Avengers: Doomsday,'” a reporter for Black Girl Nerds told Berry, alluding to the “Doomsday” livestream announcement where each cast member’s name was revealed on the back of a director’s chair. “We didn’t see Storm. We want to see your name” More from Variety “Keep waiting,” Berry answered.



“It’s not going to be there. It’s not going to be there.” Berry played Storm in four “X-Men” movies: 2000’s “X-Men,” 2003’s “X2: X-Men United,” 2006’s “X-Men: The Last Stand” and 2014’s “X-Men: Days of Future Past.

” Marvel has already announced that more “Doomsday” cast members will be revealed in the future, which left fans hopeful for Berry’s return as Storm. However, her latest comments suggest she won’t be coming back after all. Not that Berry doesn’t want to.

She revealed to ComicBook.com last year she was never asked by Ryan Reynolds to reprise Storm in “Deadpool & Wolverine” despite expressing interest. “Blake [Lively] asked me one time — I ran into her at a Marc Jacobs fashion show — and she said, ‘Would you ever be in my husband’s movie as Storm?’ I said, ‘Yeah, if he asked me,’ but he never asked me,” Berry said about Lively’s husband Ryan Reynolds.

Berry was far from the only beloved Marvel actor not included in the “Avengers: Doomsday” cast announcement. Fans also did not see Chris Pratt’s name. Pratt’s Star Lord has been a fan favorite since the original “Guardians of the Galaxy” filmed opened in 2017.

“I don’t know! I think it was, like, far off,” Pratt recently joked to Collider about his missing “Doomsday” chai. “They must have cut away from it. I don’t know what happened.

I don’t know. It was there. I’m sure it was there.

” Pratt previously said on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” that “the last time you saw Star-Lord there was a promise that Star-Lord would return,” referring to the end credits of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. “All I can say is we will make good on that promise.

I feel like there’s a Marvel sniper somewhere. I will say no more.” “Avengers: Doomsday” is now in production and is opening in theaters May 1, 2026.

Best of Variety Sign up for Variety's Newsletter . For the latest news, follow us on Facebook , Twitter , and Instagram ..