Fairfield man arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder

featured-image

FAIRFIELD — The city police Thursday night arrested a 63-year-old Fairfield man on suspicion of first-degree murder in the shooting deaths of two people.

FAIRFIELD — The city police Thursday night arrested a 63-year-old Fairfield man on suspicion of first-degree murder in the shooting deaths of two people. The man was identified by police as Mario Moore, who was booked into Solano County Jail and is being held without bail. In addition to two counts of first-degree murder, the jail custody log also lists additional felonies of shooting into an inhabited dwelling or vehicle; resisting arrest while armed; being a felon in possession of a firearm; and being a prohibited person in possession of ammo.

There was no information provided about who had been fatally shot, or where. An email seeking comment was submitted. The arrest was made about 5:45 p.



m. at the Motel 6 on Holiday Lane. "Officers arrived and found one victim with minor injuries.

Witnesses on scene said the suspect shot into the victim’s car, and the victim’s injuries were from broken glass, not a gunshot," the police said in a statement. The occupants in the motel were instructed to shelter in place. The area was secured and police deployed the department’s armored vehicle.

"Officers quickly contacted the suspect via phone in his motel room and, after brief negotiations, the man exited the room and was taken into custody without incident," the police said. Evidence was found on scene to support a shooting had taken place. The investigation is ongoing.

Moore is scheduled to appear in Solano County Superior Court on Monday..